Sectors: Co-op & Development, Innovation, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
New Independent States: Azerbaijan
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims at supporting Azerbaijan’s access to world markets through the development of a metrology system in line with European and international best practices in standards, and processes in this field.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support the development of a modern metrology system
– Technical activities of the State Metrology Service are aligned with internationally recognised best practices
– The proposed legal and regulatory framework for the metrology system is in line with EU and OIML requirements
– The organisational management and planning of the metrology system is developed in line with EU and international best practices
– Conduct of training needs assessment and development of training programmes delivered to enable the entire staff to fulfil their roles in line with EU and international best practices
– To strengthen the institutions responsible for standardisation, accreditation, conformity assessment, metrology and market surveillance
Among financed actions
– A meeting is arranged at the start of the Twinning project to promote its objectives and key activities to the main stakeholders
– EU experts will carry out a preliminary peer assessment following COOMET best practice recommendations
– Internal processes and procedures will be developed which will act as a guide to staff
– A training manual will be created to ensure that all the training is available in a single reference document