Sectors: Co-op & Development, Information, Telecommunications
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
New Independent States: Georgia
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to support the development fo democracy and economic growth in Georgia through governmental use of Information and CommunicationTechnologies (ICT) tools.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen the institutionnel and human resource capacities of the Date Exchange Agency (DEA) with necessary skills and knowledge in e-government and information security training, consultancy, benchmarking and promotion in line with the European Union standards
– Establishing and aligning legal frameworks of DEA with European Standards
– Expanding scope of the service areas requiring DEA to manage over twice as many projects and to deal with the growing staff
– Requiring stakeholder training capacities to ensure effective roll-out of new services to stakeholders
– Innovating consulting and development specific e-governement services
– Addressing the issue of outreach to ensure take – up of new services
Among financed activities
– Kick-off workshop
– Assessment of the existing Georgian e-governement and aligning information society laws with EU directives and regulations
– Screening of Georgian legal and regulatory framework, relevant for DEA scope of work, in comparison to EU directives and regulations
– Development of regulatory framework for DEA with focus on expanded tasks outlined in e-Georgia strategy
– Development of a DEA sustainability business plan