Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Health, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Training centres
Regions: European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
New Independent Countries: Azerbaijan
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to strengthen the veterinary control services in Azerbaijan in order to protect animal and human health and contribute to the economic growth of the agricultural sector and improvement of the food safety situation in Azerbaijan.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen the capacity of the SVCS in respect of epidemiology, disease surveillance, prevention and control of animal diseases and zoonoses in line with the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) principles
– Ensuring implementation of the WTO Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures upon Azerbaijan’s accession to the WTO
– Exchanging information on and explore possible areas of convergence with EU practice in the field of sanitary and phyto-sanitary issues
– Adhering to the Codex Alimentarius
– Drawing up a first list of measures for gradual convergence towards EU general food safety principles and requirements
– Fulfilling EU requirements on animal health and for the processing of animal products
– Working towards interconnection with the EU Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed
Among financed actions
– Reviewing, assessing and proposing of the primary legal framework
– Identifying, translating and reviewing related secondary legislation and normative acts
– Developing a cost effective risk based animal health strategy
– Revising and updating animal surveillance and control programmes
– Carrying out a training needs analysis
– Developing training programmes and toolkits
– Delivering awareness rising workshops