Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Innovation, Research, Youth
Beneficiaries: Research centres, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to promote excellence in teaching and research in the field of European studies worldwide
Priorities and funded actions:
– Jean Monnet Modules: to promote research and first teaching experience for young researchers, scholars and practitioners in European Union issues, foster the publication and dissemination of the results of academic research and the introduction of a European Union angle into mainly non EU related studies;
– Jean Monnet Chairs: to support university professors with a specialisation in European Union studies in helding a university chair;
– Jean Monnet Centres of Excellence: to develop synergies between the various disciplines and resources in European studies, to create joint transnational activities and structural links with academic institutions in other countries and to ensure openness to civil society;
– Jean Monnet Support to Associations: to support associations that have as their explicit purpose to contribute to the study of the European integration process;
– Jean Monnet Networks: to foster the creation and development of consortia of international players in the area of European Union studies;
– Jean Monnet Projects: to support innovation, cross-fertilisation and the spread of European Union content
– EU studies in the field of comparative regionalism, communication et information, economics, history, intercultural dialogue, international relations and diplomacy, law, politics and administrations and interdisciplinary studies
Among financed actions
– Jean Monnet Modules: general or introductory courses on European Union issues, specialised teaching on European Union developments, summer and intensive courses that are fully recognised;
– Jean Monnet Chairs: deepened teaching in European Union studies embodied in an official curriculum of a higher education institution, in-depth teaching on European Union matters for future professionals in fields which are in increasing demand on the labour market;
– Jean Monnet Centres of Excellence: organisation and coordination of human and documentary resources related to European Union studies , research activities in specific European Union subjects, systematic publication of the results of research activities;
– Jean Monnet Support to Associations: statutory activities of associations dealing with European Union studies and European Union issues, research in the field of specific European issues in order to advise local, regional, national and European policy makers and disseminate the outcomes among the institutions involved in these issues;
– Jean Monnet Networks: gathering and promotion of information and results on methodologies applied to high-level research and teaching on EU studies, cooperation between different higher education institutions and other relevant bodies throughout Europe and around the world, knowledge and expertise exchanges with a view to mutually enhancing good practices;
– Jean Monnet Projects: design, production and implementation of self-training tools promoting active citizenship in the EU, joint develop content and co-teaching for students involving several institutions, conferences, seminars and/or roundtables in relevant European Union issues