Sectors: Education - Training, Information, Research
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Erasmus + – Jean Monnet Activities – Centres of Excellence – 2020
Funds for: gathering the expertise and competences of high-level experts
Priorities and funded actions:
* To develop synergies between the various disciplines and resources in European studies;
* To create joint transnational activities and structural links with academic institutions in other countries;
* To ensure openness to civil society;
* To promote excellence in teaching and research on EU studies;
* To promote the creation of new teaching/activities in EU studies;
* To generate knowledge and insight that can support EU policy-making and strengthen the role of the EU in a globalised world;
* To carry benefits for the policy systems within which it is framed;
* To foster dialogue between the academic world and society;
* To favour involvement of civil society actors, policy makers, civil servants, education and media representatives at different levels;
* To spread knowledge about the EU to the wider society, beyond academia and specialized audiences;
* To bring the EU closer to the public.
* Reaching out to students from faculties not normally dealing with European Union issues as well as to policy makers, civil servants, organised civil society and the general public at large;
* Participating in dissemination and information events at European and national level;
* Organising events (lectures, seminars, workshops, etc.) with policy makers at local (e.g. mayors and counsellors), regional and national level as well as with organised civil society and schools;
* Disseminating the results of their activities via the organisation of seminars or lectures geared and adapted to the general public and civil society representatives;
* Developing network with other Centres of Excellence, Jean Monnet Chairs, coordinators of Modules, etc;
* Applying open educational resources (OER), publishing the summaries, content and schedule of their activities as well as the expected outcomes.
Among financed activities
* Organising and coordinating human and documentary resources related to European Union studies;
* Research activities in specific European Union subjects;
* Systematic publication of the results of research activities;
* Content and tools on EU subjects to update and complement the current courses and curricula (teaching function);
* Debates and exchange of experiences about the EU, where possible in partnership with local stakeholders and/or EU Representations Offices in Member States and EU Delegations in third countries (thinktank function)
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: 36 months
– Be a higher education institution;
– Be established in any country of the world;
– Higher education institution established in Programme Countries must hold a valid Erasmus Charter for Higher Education;
– A valid Erasmus Charter for Higher Education is not required for participating higher education institutions in Partner Countries