Sectors: Education - Training, Youth
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Institutions established in any country of the world can apply for Jean Monnet grants
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Erasmus + – Jean Monnet Activities – Chairs – 2020
Funds for: teaching post with a specialisation in European Union studies for university professors for a duration of three years.
Priorities and funded actions:
* Promotion of excellence in teaching and research on EU studies;
* Promoting the creation of new teaching/activities in EU studies;
* Generating knowledge and insight that can support EU policy-making and strengthen the role of the EU in a globalised world;
* Carrying benefits for the policy systems within which it is framed;
* Fostering dialogue between the academic world and society;
* Involvement of civil society actors, policy makers, civil servants, education and media representatives at different levels;
* Spreading of knowledge about the EU to the wider society, beyond academia and specialized audiences;
* Bringing the EU closer to the public.
Among financed actions
* Main activities:
– Deepen teaching in European Union studies embodied in an official curriculum of a higher education institution;
– Provide in-depth teaching on European Union matters for future professionals in fields which are in increasing demand on the labour market.
* Additional activities:
– Provide teaching/lectures to students from other departments (e.g. architecture, medicine, etc) to better prepare them for their future professional life;
– Encourage, advise and mentor the young generation of teachers and researchers in European Union studies subject areas;
– Conduct, monitor and supervise research on EU subjects, for other educational levels such as teacher training and compulsory education;
– Organise activities (conferences, seminars/webinars, workshops, etc.) targeting to policy makers at local, regional and national level as well as to civil society.
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Duration of the action : 3 years
– Be a Higher Education Institution (HEI) established in any country of the world;
– Jean Monnet Chair holders must be permanent staff members at the applicant institution and have the rank of professor
– Actions must take place worldwide