Sectors: Education - Training, Information, Research, Youth
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Asia, Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Gulf countries, Latin America, Mediterranean countries, Northern America, Switzerland, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Erasmus + – Key action 2 – European Universities – 2020
Funds for: encouraging the emergence by 2024 of some twenty ‘European Universities’, consisting in bottom-up networks of universities across the EU which will enable students to obtain a degree by combining studies in several EU countries and contribute to the international competitiveness of European universities.
Priorities and funded actions:
* Promoting common European values and a strengthened European identity by bringing together a new generation of Europeans, who are able to cooperate and work within different European and global cultures, in different languages, and across borders, sectors and academic disciplines;
* To reach a substantial leap in quality, performance, attractiveness and international competitiveness of European higher education institutions and contributing to the European knowledge economy, employment, culture, civic en-gagement and welfare by making best use of innovative pedagogies and striving to make the “knowledge triangle” a reality;
* To boost the quality of higher education and where possible to strengthen its link to the research and innovation landscape in Europe and its outreach towards the society and economy;
* To transform the institutional cooperation between higher education institutions and bring it to the next level.
* To share an integrated, long-term joint strategy for education with, where possible, links to research and innovation and society at large, that goes beyond any potential existing bilateral and multilateral cooperation;
* To establish a European higher education inter-university campus offering curricula where students, doctoral candidates and staff can experience mobility at all study levels;
* To build European knowledge-creating teams (“challenge-based approach”) of students and academics, possibly together with researchers, businesses, regional actors and civil society actors – depending on the overall strategy and vision of the alliance – to address together societal and other challenges of their choice in a multi-disciplinary approach;
* To act as models of good practice to further increase the quality, international competitiveness and attractiveness of the European higher education landscape
Among financed actions
* Testing different innovative and structural models;
* Creation of alliances, ideally composed of 5 to 8 partners, by either setting-up new cooperation partnerships or enhance current ones by going beyond any existing bilateral and multilateral cooperation;
* Joint work plan of activities that is the most relevant to reach strategic objectives;
* Designing of relevant and efficient common management structures : setting up joint boards, developing common pool of physical and virtual intellectual and administrative resources, distributing shared resources, common provision of infrastructure, data and services
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: 36 months
– Be any eligible participating higher education institution;
– Be established in an EU Member State or other Erasmus+ Programme country