Sectors: Education - Training, Health, Services, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Turkey
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This Action supports the implementation, in the field of sport, of EU strategies in the areas of social inclusion and equal opportunities, notably the EU Gender Equality Strategy and the EU Disability Strategy. It also supports the implementation of the EU Physical Activity Guidelines, to encourage participation in sport and physical activity.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Increase visibility and awareness of events aimed at promoting social inclusion, equal opportunities and health-enhancing physical activity
– Increase participation in sport, physical activity and volunteering activity
– Support the implementation of the European Week of Sport aiming at promoting health, enhancing physical activity and increasing participation levels in sports
Among financed actions
– Organisation of training activities for athletes, coaches, organisers and volunteers in the run-up to the event
– Organisation of the event
– Organisation of side-activities to the sporting event (conferences, seminars)
– Implementation of legacy activities (evaluations, drafting of future plans)
– Communication activities linked to the topic of the event.