Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations, Training centres
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to support actions aimed at deployment of EU Aid Volunteers to support and complement humanitarian aid in third countries in projects focusing on disaster risk reduction, disaster preparedness and linking relief rehabilitation and development.
Priorities and funded actions:
– to fund projects involving the deployment of EU Aid Volunteers.
– to strengthen the Union’s capacity to provide needs-based humanitarian aid
– to strengthen the capacities of implementing sending and hosting organisations participating or intending to participate in the EU Aid Volunteers initiative
Among financed activities
– Apprenticeship placements for junior volunteers in EU sending organisations
– Capacity building of vulnerable, disaster affected communities and local organisations
– Technical assistance for sending organisations
– Activities to promote involvement of online volunteers as well as employee volunteers to support the actions of the EU Aid Volunteers
– Information, communication and public awareness
– Hazard, risk analysis and early warning
– Activities to reinforce and foster partnership building
– Seminars and workshops
– Twinning arrangements and exchange of staff
– Exchange of good practice