Sectors: Citizenship, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Asia, Candidate countries, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective of this call for proposals is to support the implementation of Cambodia’s National Programme for Sub-National Democratic Development (2010-19) which aims to achieve democratic, inclusive and equitable development, to improve access, quality and utilization of service delivery and to contribute to poverty reduction.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support SNAs (Sub-National Administrations) to promote the welfare of citizens, improve equality between citizens and communities, especially women and vulnerable groups, and ensure fairness in access to services in line with the results and activities foreseen in the decentralisation policy framework
– Promoting political and social accountability at the subnational levels
– Supporting the emergence of an organised local civil society able to act as a watchdog and partner in dialogue with national governments
– Establishing of culture of accountability and a shift by civil society organisations (CSOs) from service providers to advocate for the voices of citizens
Among financed actions
– Civil society monitoring of budget information
– Capacity building on social accountability, information and budgets
– In-depth citizen-led monitoring of local issues