Sectors: Citizenship, Gender equality, Youth
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
– EU member states
– Balkan countries: Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Kosovo
– Potentially eligible countries: acceding countries, candidate countries and potential candidates, the EFTA countries party to the EEA Agreement
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Europe for citizens – Civil Society Projects – 2020
Funds for: supporting projects promoted by transnational partnerships and networks directly involving citizens
Priorities and funded actions:
* To support projects promoted by transnational partnerships and networks directly involving citizens;
* To give citizens an opportunity to actively participate in the Union policymaking process in areas related to the objectives of the Programme;
* Projects will invite citizens to act together or debate on the multiannual priority themes of the Programme at local and European level
* The project should consist in stimulating and organising reflection, debates or other activities related to the multiannual priority themes of the Programme and propose practical solutions that can be found through cooperation or coordination at European level, and ensure a concrete link with the policy making process indicated above;
* Projects should actively involve a large number of citizens in the implementation and aim at setting the basis for, or encouraging the development of, long-lasting networking between many organisations active in the field
Among financed actions
* Promotion of societal engagement and solidarity: activities promoting debate/campaigns/actions on themes of common interest in the framework of the rights and responsibilities of the Union citizens and making the link to the European political agenda and policy-making process;
* Gathering of opinions: activities aiming at gathering the individual opinions of the citizens favouring a bottom-up approach (including the use of social networks, webinars, etc.) and media literacy;
* Volunteering: activities promoting solidarity among Union citizens and beyond.
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: 18 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be a non-profit organisation, including civil society organisations, educational, cultural or research institutions, other organisations involved in the project can also be public local/regional authorities;
– A project must involve organisations from at least 3 eligible countries of which at least two are an EU Member State
* The action must take place in the European Union and other eligible countries