Sectors: Citizenship, Culture - Media, Education - Training, Information
Beneficiaries: Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims at providing funding to municipalities and associations working together on a common theme in a long term perspective, and wishing to develop networks of towns to make their cooperation more sustainable.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To foster European citizenship and improve conditions for civic and democratic participation at EU level
– To encourage democratic participation of citizens at EU level
– To develop citizens’ understanding of the Union policy making-process
– To suppport citizens’s concrete participation in the EU policy-making process
– To deepen the debate on the future of Europe and contribute to setting up a European public space where European issues are discussed and debated from a European standpoint
– To deal with citizen’s participation in the democratic life of the EU, ranging from local democracy to the empowerment of citizens to play a full part in EU policy
– To integrate a range of activities around the subject(s) of common interest to be addressed in the context of the Programme’s objectives or annual priorities
– To have defined target groups for which the selected themes are particularly relevant and involve community members active in the subject area
– To serve as a basis for future initiatives and actions between the towns involved, on the issues addressed or possibly on further issues of common interest
– To develop opportunities for mutual understanding, intercultural learning, solidarity, societal engagement and volunteering at Union level
Among financed actions
– Development of town twinning aiming at developing thematic and long-lasting cooperation between towns en lien avec la participation des citoyens à la vie démocratique de l’UE