Sectors: Citizenship, Culture - Media, Education - Training, Information
Beneficiaries: Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to support projects bringing together citizens from twinned towns. *
Priorities and funded actions:
– To foster European citizenship and improve conditions for civic and democratic participation at EU level
– To encourage democratic participation of citizens at EU level
– To develop citizens’ understanding of the Union policy making-process
– To support citizens’s concrete participation in the EU policy-making process
– Deepen the debate on the future of Europe and contribute to setting up a European public space where European issues are discussed and debated from a European standpoint
– Deal with citizen’s participation in the democratic life of the EU, ranging from local democracy to the empowerment of citizens to play a full part in EU policy
Among financed actions
Meeting of citizens from twinned towns to discuss, debate and engage around topics linked with the elections to the European Parliament and citizens’ participation in the democratic life of the EU