Sectors: Citizenship, Culture - Media, Education - Training, Human Rights, Information, Justice - Security, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The aim of the present call for proposals is to select organisations with European outreach which, through their permanent, usual and regular activities, make a tangible contribution to the objectives of the ‘Europe for Citizens’ programme.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To raise awareness of remembrance, common history and values and the Union’s aim that is to promote peace, its values and the well-being of its peoples by stimulating debate, reflection and development of networks (strand 1);
– To encourage democratic and civic participation of citizens at Union level, by developing citizens’ understanding of the Union policymaking-process and promoting opportunities for societal and intercultural engagement and volunteering at Union level (strand 2)
For the work of European memory (section 1)
– Commemorations of benchmarks in recent European history;
– Civil society and citizens in totalitarian regimes;
– Anti-Semitism, rejection of Gypsies, xenophobia, homophobia and other forms of intolerance: lessons learned for today;
– Democratic transition and accession to the European Union
For Democratic Engagement and Civic Participation (Strand 2):
– Discuss the future of Europe and defy Euroscepticism;
– Promoting solidarity in times of crisis;
– Fostering intercultural dialogue and mutual understanding, combating the stigmatization of migrants and minority groups
Among financed actions
The applicants must provide a strategic work programme for a period of three years starting in 2018, and a detailed annual work programme for a period of 12 months starting in 2018.
– Statutory activities: conferences, seminars, round tables, representation ;
– Communication and valorisation, outreach to young people ;
– European activities related to the activities of the Europe for Citizens programme ;
Activities linked to the European Solidarity Corps are also eligible.