Sectors: Citizenship, Culture - Media, Education - Training, Information
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call aims that citizens have easy access to information and the opportunity to make known and exchange their views, in all the fields of the EU’s activities, in particular, of those having an impact upon people’s daily lives.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To inform European citizens at local and regional level
– To give information, advice, assistance and answers to questions about the EU, and in particular about the rights of EU citizens, the EU’s priorities (notably the Europe 2020 Growth strategy), legislation, policies, programmes and funding opportunities
– To promote participatory citizenship through various communication tools (website, social media, publications, etc.)
– To enable the public to obtain information, advice, assistance and answers to questions about the EU, and in particular about the rights of EU citizens, the EU’s priorities
Services to be provided by the Europe Direct Information Centre
Among financed actions
Basic information services:
– Premises which are duly signposted with the Europe Direct logo, barrier-free and easily accessible to the public
– Displaying documentation, reading, access to at least one computer with Internet connection, storage of information materials, and holding meetings
– The one-stop-shop: Europe Direct Network, Europe Direct Contact Centre (EDCC), and Your Europe portal
– Participation in meetings and training courses organised by the Commission
– Support for the organisation and promotion of local and regional events organised by the EC Representations and EP Information Offices
– Communication products (Electronic newsletter publicising the EDIC’s activities and promoting the EU, creation and production of printed, promotional, audio-visual and other electronic material)
– Events (Active participation in events organised by external bodies)