Sectors: Citizenship, Culture - Media, Gender equality, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
– EU member states
– Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Kosovo
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Europe for Citizens – Town twinning – 2020
Funds for: supporting projects bringing together a wide range of partner towns in a town twinning event
Priorities and funded actions:
* To contribute to citizens’ understanding of the Union, its history and diversity;
* To foster European citizenship and to improve conditions for civic and democratic participation at Union level;
* To raise awareness of remembrance, common history and values and the Union’s aim that is to promote peace, its values and the well-being of its peoples by stimulating debate, reflection and development of networks;
* To encourage democratic and civic participation of citizens at Union level, by developing citizens’ understanding of the Union policy making-process and promoting opportunities for societal and intercultural engagement and volunteering at Union level
* Equal access
* Transnationality and local dimension
* Intercultural dialogue
* Volunteering, expression of active european citizenship
Among financed actions
* Integrate a range of activities within at least 4 project events; such Network of Towns’ events are expected to have a defined time-frame and include different types of activities around the subject(s) of common interest to be addressed in the context of the Programme’s objectives or multiannual priorities;
* Actions must deal with selected themes that are particularly relevant and involve community members active in the subject area (i.e. experts, local associations, citizens and citizens’ groups directly affected by the theme, etc.)
* Events that mobilise citizens across the Europe: a project should involve a minimum of 30% of invited participants. “Invited participants” are travelling delegations from eligible partner countries other than the country hosting an event;
* Actions must serve as a basis for future initiatives and actions between the towns involved, on the issues addressed or possibly on further issues of common interest
* Initital duration of the action: 21 days
– Be towns/municipalities and/or other levels of local authorities or their twinning committees or other non-profit organisations representing local authorities
– Must involve municipalities from at least 2 eligible countries of which at least one is an EU Member State
* The action must take place in one of the eligible countries participating to the project