Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Asia, Candidate countries, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Worldwide: elegible countries as defined in the Rules for Participation in Procurement Procedures and Grants (Annex A2a of the Procurement and Grants for European Union External Actions – PRAG
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to the development and consolidation of
democracy and the rule of law, and respect for all human rights and fundamental freedoms in line with the European Union’s foreign policy as a whole.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen the role of civil society in promoting human rights and democratic reform, in supporting the peaceful conciliation of group interests and in consolidating political participation and representation
– Initiatives that help build the capacity of civil society organisations to prevent, mitigate and resolve communal conflicts, focusing on communal conflicts over the use, conservation and restoration of the environment and natural resources
– Initiatives that help build the capacity of civil society organisations to prevent, mitigate and resolve communal conflicts displaying ethnic or religious dimensions
– Gender equality
– Inclusion of marginalised or disadvantaged population
Among financed actions
– Training and capacity building on advocacy, lobbying and litigation, strategies of change, researching, monitoring as well as documenting and reporting
– Activities for strengthening of existing civil society platforms, networks and coalitions, including
building of information sharing mechanism
– Activities for the institutionalisation of consultation mechanisms between civil society and national or local public institutions
– Support for the creation and strengthening of partnership and networks of civil society organisations
– Awareness raising campaigns for promoting democracy and human rights, i.e. conferences, seminars, workshops, focus group discussions, media programmes
– Monitoring and watchdog activities