Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Education - Training, Health, Humanitarian, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Worldwide: countries eligible to the DCI, ENI, IPA II, EIDHR Programmes, to the Partnership Instrument and the Instrument contributing to Stability and Peace
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to improve the nutritional status of the social groups which continue to suffer most from the deterioration of the national socio-economic conditions and aims to overcome persistent technical and organisational deficiencies which cause unstable use, availability, distribution and production of food by these target groups.
Priorities and funded actions:
This call for proposals is divided into two lots
– LOT 1: Community-based projects (5 850 000 euro)
– LOT 2: Partnership projects (900 000 euro)
* LOT 1
– To stabilise utilisation and availability of food
– To improve access to food
– To enhance people’s nutritional status by strengthening the resilience of cooperative farms, communities and households
* LOT 2
– To update and/or upgrade technical knowledge in order to strengthen capacities to address the various structural food security issues and challenges
– To fulfil their mandate, and effectively and efficiently input in national policies which have an impact on the people’s food security and nutrition situation
* LOT 2
– Technical training (including economic aspects)
– Institutional strengthening
Among financed actions
* LOT 1
– Institutional strengthening components
* LOT 2
– Activities to introduce instruments on how to overcome constraints of controlled communication and exchange of experiences abroad and in-country
– Activities to facilitate professional networking in food security issues: for instance looking into risk assessment, self-sufficiency and linked remedial measures, such as disaster preparedness