Sectors: Innovation, Local development, New technologies, Public Management, Research, Telecommunications
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Asia, Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries, New Independant States, Switzerland
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Asia: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
Balkans: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Candidate countries: Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Turkey
Mediterranean countries: Israel
New Independent States: Moldova
European Economic Area: Norway, Iceland
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals is launched under the CONNECT2SEA project, financed by FP7. It aims to provide small grants to selected ICT R&D teams from Europe and South East Asia (SEA) in order to initiate and/or to broaden ICT R&D collaboration. Up to 20 projects will be funded.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support the internationalisation of EU and South-East Asia (SEA) ICT-related research, development and innovation knowledge networks, technology platforms, clusters, and organisations in the topics of common interest
– To promote the funding opportunities within Horizon 2020 and to identify synergy potentials between EU and ASEAN research, development and innovation programmes
– To enrich and support the EU-SEA ICT R&D policy dialogue by supporting political initiatives, summarising feedback from collaborative experience and formulating recommendations to reinforce EU-SEA ICT RDI collaboration
Two types of grants are provided
– Individual Travel Grant
– Event or Cooperation Grant
Among financed actions
Individual Travel Grant
– Travels Event or Cooperation Grant
– Events or meetings
– Sessions or mini-symposia at scientific conference
– Any joint activity in order to come up with specific post development plans and an agreement for future EU-SEA ICT collaboration of researchers/organisations
Targeted ICT topics of the activities
– Any ICT topic identified in Horizon 2020, the European Union’s Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration, of mutual interest for EU and SEA
– More specifically, topics related to Horizon 2020 societal challenges where ICT plays an important role, of mutual interest for EU and SEA : Health, demographic change and wellbeing; Secure, clean and efficient energy ; Smart, green and integrated transport; Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials; Inclusive, innovative and reflective societies (e-learning, e-government…); Digital security