Sectors: Industry, Innovation, Research, SME Policy
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, Local and Regional authorities, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries, New Independant States, Switzerland
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to increase the performance of the machining processes by the use of intelligent fixture systems, allowing the monitoring, control and adaptation of the process to obtain suitable results according to precision, quality and cost requirements.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Establish fixture design methodologies taking advantage of the available state of the art software and hardware tools (sensors, actuators, CAD/CAM/CAE,CNC, PLC, process simulation tools,…) combined with ad-hoc ICT tools (control algorithms,simulation tools…) to control and adapt the behaviour of the fixture, resulting in the development of intelligent fixtures. These methodologies will be based on the use of modular elements to obtain highly configurable, fast, accurate and durable fixture systems.
– Complement the current experiments included within INTEFIX
– Provide new technological solutions for the development of intelligent fixture and covering/solving additional problems/limitations to those already included in the current experiments
This call for proposals is divided in case studies, each of these being linked to three application scenarios
– Scenario 1: Vibration: Workpieces with problems of vibrations during machining. The fixture counteracts the dynamic problems by changing the dynamic properties stiffness, damping, etc
– Scenarion 2: Deformation : Workpieces with problems of deflections/distortions during machining. The fixture counteracts the displacement of the workpiece due to the process development (forces…)
– Scenario 3: Positioning : Workpieces with problems of reference setting. The fixture introduces small movements to correct linear and angular alignment of the workpiece
Among financed activites
– Experiment activities focusing on one of the three application scenarios