Sectors: Education - Training, Environment, Industry, Innovation, Research
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Local and Regional authorities, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Candidate countries, European Union, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
European Union: Finland, France, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden
Candidate countries : Turkey
Latin America: Argentina
Africa-Caribbean-Pacific: South Africa
Responsible: ERA-MIN Consortium
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to support is needs-driven, transnational research projects on sustainable supply of non-energy raw materials in Europe.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To improve techniques for finding and mining the new resources that are necessary to satisfy the growing worldwide demand
– To improve the efficiency of material production and use throughout the whole supply chain
– To overcome metallurgical and especially extractive metallurgy challenges
– To reduce or avoid the use of scarce materials
– To generate reliable data and information on the global mineral resources industries, on capitalistic controls, trade and non-trade barriers, market drivers, recycling and related facilities, trade flows, life-cycle and material flow data, etc, and the development of modeling integrating economic, environmental and social factors as well as objective functions controlling them
– To ensure the training of the young generation that will have to cope with the multifaced raw materials issue
– To fill the research vacuum that developed due to decreased research activities in both public and private research centers
– Primary resources supply
– Secondary resources supply (recycling)
– Substitution of critical materials
– In conjunction with these three technological areas, horizontal activities under the areas of Public policy support and mineral intelligence and Education and International Cooperation can also be addressed
Among financed actions
Basic and applied research activities