Sectors: Co-op & Development, Humanitarian, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Worldwide: developing country as specified by the OECD/DAC
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to improve the food security situation of vulnerable population groups in conflict affected areas of South Sudan.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To enhance the capacities of vulnerable groups to sustainably produce and access food
– To improve food security among conflict-affected and vulnerable population groups and to build their resilience to stress and shocks
– Support to poor, vulnerable and marginalised households by enhancing capacity to sustainably produce, add value and trade food and through development and support for alternate livelihood activities
– Establishing complementarities with existing actions taking place in the country
Among financed actions
– Support for the social and economic integration of returnees in host communities
– Introduction of appropriate post-harvest techniques, inclusive construction and management of harvesting, threshing, drying and storage facilities
– Expansion of non-agricultural income generating opportunities, including development of financial literacy, community-level savings and loan groups
– Support for sustainable use of natural resources and for women’s rights