Sectors: Innovation, New technologies
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Research centres
Regions: European Economic Area, European Union, Switzerland
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to the prizes and incubation support provided by the operation of a prize awarding mechanism and incubation, for innovative applications based on the EU GNSS technology (EGNOS and GALILEO) that will promote industrial innovation and the uptake of high-technologies across Europe.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Reward companies and/or entrepreneurs for their development of innovative GNSS applications, emphasizing the added-value of the use of EGNOS/Galileo and their synergies with Copernicus earth observation technology.
– Encourage SMEs and innovative entrepreneurs/organizations to invest in EGNOS/Galileo based applications.
– Make new GNSS-based ideas known, thus creating opportunities for SMEs to raise support not only at a local level but also at a broader scale.
– Foster pan-European space downstream entrepreneurship.
– Increase the quality of the competing ideas.
– Lower the “cost of entry” for regional organizations or private sponsors willing to fund GNSS R&D, therefore creating an incentive to other sponsors to offer special prizes in application domains of particular interest.
– Provide support to start-ups in GNSS downstream applications.
– Promote development of downstream applications using EU GNSS technologies and their synergies with Copernicus earth observation technology.
Among financed actions
– Organisation and management of a yearly prize-awarding competition including publication of calls for ideas generating applications from entrepreneurs, evaluation by experts of ideas and awarding prizes
– Supporting incubation and acceleration of innovative product/services to enable their development and entry into the market.
– Fund raising to match the Commission grant
– Dissemination ‘inbound’, i.e. to expand the number of innovative ideas submitted every year into the GALILEO prize-awarding competition
– Dissemination ‘outbound’, i.e. obtain adequate visibility within the worldwide GNSS industry to promote the competition, its participants and winners
– Monitoring prize winners and participants