Sectors: Information, Innovation, New technologies, Research
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Central America, European Economic Area, European Union, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* EFTA and EEA countries: Switzerland, Norway;
* Other countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago and Venezuela
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
GNSS – Galileo Information Centre for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean – 2019
Funds for: establishing a Galileo Information Centre in Mexico to cover a region comprising of Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean
Priorities and funded actions:
* To ensure the visibility of European satellite navigation activities in Mexico and in the region;
* To analyse and monitor satellite navigation initiatives in Mexico and in the region;
* To ensure support to actual and potential users in Mexico and in the region on activities including the development of new GNSS-based applications, products and services by enabling industrial and research cooperation between Latin American and European actors
* To adequate technical expertise and institutional and workforce capabilities, to perform the tasks and activities foreseen
* To put forward a plan for the staff and the operations of the Information Centre
* To propose a work programme with a balanced set of activities
Among financed actions
* Identification of relevant markets and stakeholders:
– Market studies on the use of GNSS devices and applications in key GNSS market segments in Mexico and in the region;
* Promotion and awareness raising of European GNSS programmes:
– Elaboration and deployment of a communication strategy for Mexico and the region, to promote and inform on the results and milestones of the European GNSS programmes and related applications;
* Facilitation of the development of GNSS-related applications:
– Provision of ideas for new GNSS applications and services to industrial partners;
– Development of new GNSS applications leveraging Galileo differentiators in the identified markets of interest via cooperation with relevant users, European and local industries and the academic spheres (Testing of applications, verification and validation, support to certification);
* Education and training on GNSS-related issues;
– Support to the cooperation between European and Universities from Mexico and the region providing high-level courses in GNSS;
– Provision of courses and organisation of training seminars in the field of GNSS technology and applications;
* Facilitation of joint industrial collaborations between Latin American and European partners (PhD level):
– Organisation of matchmaking events for industry representatives from the European Union and from Mexico and the region;
– Fostering closer contacts between entities involved in GNSS-related Research & Development (R&D);
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: up to 36 months
– Be a legal entity;
– Be either: a non-profit or profit-making entity, a public authority or agency, an international organisation, a university, an education institution, a research centre, or other relevant institution or organisation
– Be established in an EU Member State, or other eligible countries (EFTA and EEA countries: Norway, Switzerland or United Mexican States, Central American countries and Caribbean countries)