Sectors: Environment, Public Management, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Mediterranean countries : Algeria
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to a better consideration of resource conservation and water demand management issues in an integrated approach.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen institutional, organisational and technical capacities in the field of gouvernance and integrated management of water management of the Water Resources Integrated Management Agency
– Strengthening of managerial and organisational capacities for reporting and coordination of water policy
– Improvement of operational management, planning and steering in water sector at local, regional and national levels
– Reinforcement of the Information System of the Water Resources Integrated Management Agency and Hydrographic Basins Agencies, which should contribute to the development of the Information System on Water of the National Environment and Sustainable Development Observatory / Ministry of Water Resources and Environment
Among financed actions
– To support the implementation of coordination mechanisms between Water Resources Integrated Management Agency and Hydrographic Basins Agencies
– To support monitoring mechanisms and ongoing assessment of the Integrating Management of Water Resources performance and implementation of a performance audit cell linked to the Ministry of Water Resources and Environment one
– To accompany the implementation of an action plan to reinforce the role of Basins Committees
– To define the process to be followed for the development of management plans following the Integrated Management of Water Resources approach and its articulation with the Development of Water Resources Master Plan
– To improve recovery procedures for royalties for industrial, domestic or agricultural users
– To support the update of regional data-bases on Water and to contribute to the Information System on Water and National Environment and Sustainable Development Observatory
– To support the implementation of the National Information System on Water by ensuring bridges and compatibility with the Information System on Water of the National Environment and Sustainable Development Observatory and the Information and Information Systems Directorate of the Ministry of Water Resources and Environment
– Study visits in EU