Sectors: Citizenship, Culture - Media, Education - Training, Information, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Non-profit organisations, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals, from the European Commission Representation in the United Kingdom, aims to promote debate on current EU policy priorities.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To raise awareness and understanding of issues relating to the EU’s policy and communication priorities through public events and debates
– To relate these issues to the applicants’ local communities and/or target audiences, including women and young people
– To encourage wide public participation in these debates through engaging think tanks, higher education establishments, NGOs, civil society organisations, trade unions, business organisations and other stakeholder groups
– To deliver projects in an innovative way to encourage participation from groups not normally engaged in policy
– To gather opinions from participants which could be used as input for European decision-makers
– What should be the policy priorities for the next European Commission 2014 – 2019?
– Is political union necessary to make economic and monetary union work?
– Does banking union create problems for those outside it?
– How can the Single Market deliver more for services and the digital economy?
– EU employment and social legislation: a burden on business and a boon for workers?
– How can EU decision-making gain more legitimacy in the eyes of EU citizens?
– Are changes to free movement rules needed?
– Britain’s relationship with the EU: what are the prospects for reform, renegotiation or exit?
– Does EU policy help or hinder addressing energy and environmental challenges in the UK?
– What prospects for EU foreign policy and the Eastern Partnership?
Among financed actions
– Seminars and other types of public debates