Sectors: Citizenship, Information, Youth
Beneficiaries: Non-profit organisations, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call of proposals aims to capitalise on special events and national or regional initiatives involving civil society players and opinion-formers so as to increase the general public’s knowledge of the Commission’s activities in particular in the context of the political priorities.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Raise awareness and understanding of issues relating to the EU’s political priorities, inter-institutional communication priorities and policy implementation;
– Relate these issues to the applicants’ local communities and/or target audiences, particularly at regional level and particularly involving young people, job-seekers and the small business community;
– Stimulate relevant policy debates nationally, regionally and locally, and provide for appropriate channels to feed conclusions back to the EU level, in particular the European Commission services;
– Encourage public participation in these debates through engaging partner organisations such as think tanks, universities, NGOs, civil society organisations, trade unions, business organisations and other stakeholder groups;
– Produce tangible and lasting spin-offs;
– Generate media coverage (print, audio-visual, online and social) of the events, its conclusions and spin-offs/lasting results.
The projects submitted should help promoting the European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI) and address one of the three subject areas:
– Jobs and Growth, with a particular focus on tackling youth unemployment, e.g. via initiatives that aim at the successful transition from education to the labour market and the importance of intra-EU mobility and labour migration
– The development of a truly connected European Digital Single Market (DSM), in particular via innovation in ICT and the online economy
– Reinforce Europe’s global leadership in climate change policy through Energy Union and support Europe’s reindustrialisation through innovative energy policies.
Among financed actions
– summer schools or course modules
– public debates
– seminars, lectures and information
– best practice exchange sessions