Sectors: Education - Training, Employment, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations, Schools, Universities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to ensure that a sufficient number of qualified conference interpreters are available to enable the European Union’s institutions to function properly.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To promote quality and linguistic diversity in the teaching of interpreting in the official languages of the EU and of the candidate countries
– To establish postgraduate centres of excellence
– To enhance cooperation among postgraduate courses from different Member States and from candidate countries
– To develop innovative pilot projects
Among financed actions
* Actions related to the organisation of post-graduate courses in conference interpreting
– Priority needs for languages of the EU Interpretation Services
– Acquisition and/or use of innovative technologies for training
– Co-operation with other universities
* Special projects aimed at promoting Conference interpreter training
– Dissemination of best practice in training
– Use and/or development of innovative technologies for training
– Cost-effectiveness and/or synergies of the project