Sectors: Co-op & Development, Environment
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
To support the development of sustainable forest management system, harmonized with EU standards and directives.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Develop and enforce laws and regulations, required to achieve the goals of National Forestry Concept.
– Ensure the capacity enhancement of state forest institutions to effectively fulfil their functions.
– Guarantee to obtain and provide the information about the forests and forest lands in order to facilitate the decision making on forest use planning and management.
– Ensure to increase the role of civil society in the implementation of the National Forest Concept.
– Attain sufficient information about the market for wood and wood products to be able to decide on development goals and strategies for the state forest management organisations and the wood processing sector.
– Encourage synergies in building such conditions that will enable the forestry sector to increase its contribution to the national economy and promote employment opportunities especially among rural population.
Among financed actions
– Workshops/seminars for selected employees of State forest institutions on introduction and guidance for the implementation of communication strategy/operational plan/guideline conducted and a report prepared
– Evaluation of Forest management related legislation and standards according to the respective EU standards and regulations and international commitments
– Holistic plan for the development of the institutions, including a required budget, technical measures and respective time-frame elaborated/provided and discussed with relevant authorities