Sectors: Industry, Innovation, New technologies, Research
Beneficiaries: Investment Funds, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Switzerland
Category: Call for proposals
Additional info regions:
Horizon 2020 associated countries: Iceland, Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Israel, Moldova, Switzerland, Faroe Islands, Ukraine, Tunisia, Georgia, Armenia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
H2020 – FET – Integration of symbolic processing into the cognitive architectures – 2019
Funds for: enhancing the cognitive abilities of the embodied functional reference architecture developed in Work Package 3 (WP3): “Adaptive networks for cognitive architectures: from advanced learning to neurorobotics and neuromorphic applications” providing neural and biologically plausible modules for basic symbolic processing
Priorities and funded actions:
* Enable (virtual) robotic systems to store, maintain and modify task-related information online to select, guide and monitor execution of actions
* To collaborate with other participants in WP3 towards the co-design of solutions for the considered problem;
* To be biologically grounded as much as possible by incorporating relevant neuroscientific findings about high-level cognitive processes in prefrontal cortex and related areas;
* Equal opportunities of applicants;
* Gender equality;
* Ethical activities
Among financed actions
* Developing modules on working memory, selective attention, executive functions;
* Developed models should learn to perform symbolic computation, preferentially via end-to-end training while the (virtual) robotic systems perform simple tasks
* This call for proposal is an open call for proposals
* This call will only finance one action
* Initial duration of the action: 30 months from 01.10.2020 to 31.03.2023
– Be a group of partners or a consortium, including Human brain project partners and non-partners
– Be established in EU Member States or Horizon 2020 associated countries
– Actions must take place in the European Union or Horizon 2020 associated countries