Sectors: Health, Information, Innovation, New technologies, Research
Beneficiaries: Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Switzerland
Category: Call for proposals
Additional info regions:
Horizon 2020 associated countries: Iceland, Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Israel, Moldova, Switzerland, Faroe Islands, Ukraine, Tunisia, Georgia, Armenia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
H2020 FET – Preparing Cellular-Level Models for Portable High-Performance Computing Simulation using Arbor – 2019
Funds for: improving both transformative simulation performance and support for open standards and development for simulation services on the EBRAINs platform
Priorities and funded actions:
* To contribute to the development of the research Infrastructure (EBRAINS) and increase the scope of its application in terms of innovation, neuroscience and clinical research;
* To encourage the adoption of open standards in the computational neuroscience community in Europe;
* To increase the target audience of the cellular-level simulation facilities of the HBP simulation platform;
* To validate and improve the HBP-developed simulation technology Arbor
* To develop models and adapt workflows for Arbor, specifically for networks of detailed cell models that require HPC;
* To enable open, efficient and portable simulations of cellular-level models across a variety of current and emerging supercomputing resources;
* To improve our understanding of structural plasticity and learning including the development and optimisation of neuronal circuits
Among financed actions
* Adaptation of models and workflows so that simulator-specific components are isolated rather than pervasive;
* Writing Arbor-specific parts of these models and workflows;
* Co-development with the Arbor team of required features
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: up to 30 months (01.10.2020 – 31.03.2023) depending on the date of inclusion of the new partner in the Consortium
– Be a group of partners or a consortium, including Human brain project partners and non-partners
– Be established in the EU Member States or Horizon 2020 associated countries