Sectors: Innovation, Research
Beneficiaries: Research centres, SMEs
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Switzerland
Category: Call for proposals
Additional info regions:
Horizon 2020 associated countries: Iceland, Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Israel, Moldova, Switzerland, Faroe Islands, Ukraine, Tunisia, Georgia, Armenia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
H2020 FET – Rodent Microcircuits – 2019
Funds for: attracting leaders in the field of rodent microcircuit modelling to generate a full-brain model of the mouse at the microcircuit and point neuron level
Priorities and funded actions:
* Providing a proof of principle for the multiscale brain modelling approach and for its transferability to humans;
* Reconstructing a full-brain model of rodents for closed-loop simulation of large-scale circuit dynamics;
* Demonstrating a clear potential for real-world applications and has to generate workflows for functional simulations to be applied to the investigation of brain dynamics
* Configuration of models to be integrated into The Virtual Brain of the mouse (https://www.thevirtualbrain.org/tvb/zwei/home), in which they should be capable in running in co-simulations;
* Derive point neurons and microcircuits from data-driven detailed multicompartmental models through simplification and validation pipelines allowing to maintain the salient biological features and propagate them at higher scales;
* Make critical, substantial contributions to the construction of the HBP common brain reference framework (WP1) and include specification of the data and/or tools, which will then be distributed through EBRAINS to the scientific community;
* Generate workflows for functional simulations to be applied to the investigation of brain dynamics in The Virtual Brain environment, in robotic control systems and in neuromorphic computing systems;
* Equal opportunities of applicants;
* Gender equality;
* Ethical activities
Among financed activities
* Models of the rodent brain at the microcircuit and point neuron level, which need to be connected into a multi-regional large-scale network (e.g. cerebellum and hippocampus to cortex);
* Benchmarks demonstrating the effectiveness of co-simulations in different network configurations of mixed scales;
* Fundamental simulations demonstrating the effectiveness of the model for generating brain dynamics
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: 30 months from 01.10.2020 to 31.03.2023
– Be a group of partners or a consortium, including Human brain project partners and non-partners;
– Be established in the EU Member States or Horizon 2020 associated countries
– Actions must take place in EU State Members or in H2020 associated countries