Sectors: Health, Information, Innovation, New technologies, Research
Beneficiaries: Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Switzerland
Category: Call for proposals
Additional info regions:
Horizon 2020 associated countries: Iceland, Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Israel, Moldova, Switzerland, Faroe Islands, Ukraine, Tunisia, Georgia, Armenia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
H2020 FET – Whole Brain Multi-parametric Imaging Using Invasive and Non-invasive Recordings – 2019
Funds for: attracting leaders in the field of multimodal brain imaging integrating invasive (such as stereotactic EEG) and non-invasive brain imaging techniques
Priorities and funded actions:
* To contribute to the development of the research Infrastructure (EBRAINS) and increase the scope of its application in terms of innovation, neuroscience and clinical research;
* To increase the capacity of the research community to model human brain activity at an unprecedented level of sophistication leading to the generation of new neuroscientific insights and relevance for social sciences and humanities;
* To create a unique multimodal data set combining a maximum of patient-specific structural and functional multiscale information;
* To optimise the capacity for model inference and validation;
* To enable quantitative assessment of the models and links across molecular, cellular and brain regional scales by using the validation workflows in the HBP infrastructure
* To build a theoretically-grounded computational framework fully embedded in EBRAINS;
* To enable the self-consistent organisation of multiscale neuroscience data and models in a common reference space, linking data to model parameters, and establishing workflows to simulate and validate multiscale neural activity of human brain networks;
* To address the major impediments to human neuroscience progress through modelling including variation in data quality and availability, lack of computational resources, and the difficult translation between mathematical models, theory, and data
Among financed actions
* Data collection of a small cohort of patients using multimodal brain imaging integrating invasive (such as stereotactic EEG), and non-invasive brain imaging techniques (such as MRI or PET);
* Integration of dataset into the brain reference framework;
* Enhancement of multimodal data by imaging techniques on the molecular scale;
* Data processing for use in workflows of The Virtual Brain and validation in work programme 1
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: up to 30 months (01.10.2020 – 31.03.2023)
– Be a group of partners or a consortium, including Human brain project partners and non-partners
– Be established in the EU Member States or Horizon 2020 associated countries