Sectors: Health, Innovation, Research
Beneficiaries: International Organisation, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU member states
H2020 associated countries
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
H2020 – JTI IMI 2 – Restricted Call to maximise impact of IMI2 JU objectives and scientific priorities – 2020
Funds for: supporting further research activities in those exceptional cases where it is necessary to enable successful consortia to build on the achievements of their initial action and move onto the next step of the challenge
Priorities and funded actions:
* To support further research activities in those exceptional cases where it is necessary to enable successful consortia to build on the achievements of their initial action and move onto the next step of the challenge
* Improve the current drug development process by providing support for the development of tools, standards and approaches to assess efficacy, safety and quality of regulated health product;
* Benefit public health and improve the health and well-being of European citizens;
* Contribute to the EU’s industrial leadership, including in relation to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs);
* Have an impact on regulatory and/or health technology assessment, and healthcare practices, where relevant;
* Further maximise the value of the IMI2 JU public-private partnership by harnessing support from different stakeholders, including the substantial mobilisation of funds through contributing partners (i.e. EFPIA constituents and affiliated entities and, where relevant, by IMI2 JU Associated Partners)12, not necessarily involved in the initial project. Reflecting the public-private character of IMI2 JU actions, applicants should demonstrate that the mobilised contributions are in addition to those already committed by any contributing partners in the initial project(s).
Amongst financed actions
* Research and Innovation Actions (RIA)
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: 24 months
– This Call is restricted to the initial consortia of actions funded under topics published in the IMI2 JU Annual Work Plans of 2014, 2015 and 2016 since only these actions are sufficiently advanced in their implementation to be considered for follow-up activities;
– Are eligible:
> Legal entities established in a Member State or an associated country, or created under Union law; and which fall within one of the following categories:
> Micro, small and medium-sized enterprises and other companies with an annual turnover of EUR 500 million or less, the latter not being affiliated entities of companies with an annual turnover of more than 500 million; the definition of ‘affiliated entities’ within the meaning of Article 2(1)(2) of Regulation (EU) No 1290/2013 shall apply mutatis mutandis,
> Secondary and higher education establishments,
> Non-profit organisations, including those carrying out research or technological development as one of their main objectives or those that are patient organisations;
– The Joint Research Centre;
– International European interest organisations