Sectors: Health, Humanitarian, Research
Beneficiaries: Federations Unions, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries, New Independant States, Switzerland
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Comission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to capture emerging scientific advice regarding Ebola and to progress those rapidly into health care interventions in order to ensure the fast development, uptake and/or wide deployment of sustainable innovative solutions that will result in an increased readiness to respond to future outbreaks.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Pre-clinical development of vaccines
– Treatments and diagnosis of Ebola or other filovirus infections
– Manufacturing strategies
– Vaccine stability during transport and storage
– Deployment of vaccines and treatments
Among financed actions
– Progression of a novel vaccine candidate, diagnostic or treatment
– Development of tools to help with pre-clinical and clinical development of vaccine candidates and treatments
– Development and/or validation of a novel diagnostic test
– Development of novel strategies to improve the stability of vaccines against Ebola and other filoviral infections during transport and storage
– Development of novel manufacturing and delivery strategies
– Development of strategies for optimal deployment and adherence to vaccination programmes
– Facilitation of the exploitation of recent advances in our understanding of Ebola