Sectors: Industry, Innovation, New technologies, Research
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
H2020 – Prix d’Innovation SOFT – 2020
Funds for: highlighting and rewarding the excellence in innovation that can be found in fusion research
Priorities and funded actions:
* To highlight and reward the excellence in innovation that can be found in fusion research as well as the quality of the researchers and industries involved
* Originality and replicability: The extent to which the idea is innovative, original and a first-of-a-kind use of the technology in industry or in the domain of application. The description should be clear, logically presented and well illustrated;
* Technical excellence: The extent to which the innovation is demonstrably state-of-theart and based on excellent science and engineering;
* Economic impact and exploitation of the innovation: The extent to which the submission demonstrates understanding and awareness of the relevant innovation aspects, including market potential / needs and business opportunities;
* Plans for potential exploitation and further development of the innovation: The extent to which the prize would contribute to the successful exploitation and further development of the innovation
Among financed actions
* Any physics or technology innovation that has been or is being developed in magnetic confinement fusion research and that has a market potential or has been taken up (or recognised) by industry to be further developed for the market
– Be either:
> Researchers or research teams funded under the Euratom fusion research programme;
> Researchers or research teams working for a national programme in an ITER partner country or in any third country that has a bilateral fusion cooperation agreement with Euratom;
> Industrial participants benefitting from the ITER project;
– Example of proof: The Commission may request substantiating document such as contracts, etc;
– Special rules may apply for entities from certain countries (see General Annex C to the Main Work Programme).