Sectors: Health, Research
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, Universities
Regions: European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EEA: Norway and Iceland
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The general objectives of this call aims to improve the health of Union citizens and reduce health inequalities by promoting health, encouraging innovation in health, increasing the sustainability of health systems and protecting Union citizens from serious cross-border health threats.
Priorities and funded actions:
– to promote health, prevent diseases, and foster supportive environments for healthy lifestyles
– to protect Union citizens from serious cross-border health threats
– to support public health capacity-building and contribute to innovative, efficient and sustainable health systems
– to facilitate access to better and safer healthcare for Union citizens
– identify, disseminate and promote the uptake of evidence-based and good practices for cost-effective health promotion and disease prevention measures
– identify and develop coherent approaches and promote their implementation for better preparedness and coordination in health emergencies
– identify and develop tools and mechanisms at Union level to address shortages of resources, both human and financial, and to facilitate the voluntary uptake of innovations in public health intervention and prevention strategies.
– increase access to medical expertise and information for specific conditions also beyond national borders, facilitate the application of the results of research and develop tools for the improvement of healthcare quality and patient safety through, inter alia, actions contributing to the improvement of preventive medicine