Sectors: Economy - Finances, Justice - Security, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Universities
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to implement Hercule III programme. The objective of this programme is to protect the financial interests of the Union thus enhancing the competitiveness of the Union’s economy and ensuring the protection of the taxpayers’ money.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To develop high-profile research activities
– To improve the cooperation between practitioners and academics, including the organisation of the annual meeting of the Presidents of the Associations for European Criminal Law and for the Protection of the EU Financial Interests
– To raise the awareness of the judiciary and other branches of the legal profession for the protection of the financial interests of the Union, including the publication of scientific knowledge concerning the protection of the financial interests of the Union
– Future development of OLAF and other European bodies in charge with the protection of the financial interests of the EU
– Legal aspects of the cooperation between OLAF and all anti-fraud agencies, including the customs, police and judicial authorities
– Law and administrative practices relating to the fight against fraud in the Member States, including inspections and penalties in relation to VAT, in particular cooperation between fiscal and judicial authorities to investigate VAT fraud
– Law and administrative practices relating to OLAF investigations, with special reference to procedural guarantees
– Law and administrative practices in the field of fraud prevention and fraud awareness raising, in particular blacklisting and early-warning system procedures in the policy areas in which the European Union provides substantial financial support or in which the European Union plays a significant role, such as External Assistance and Research and Development
Among financed actions
– Comparative law studies, measured through the number of research activities and comparative law studies co-financed and their quality and novelty aspects