Sectors: Economy - Finances, Justice - Security, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to prevent and combat fraud, corruption and any other illegal activities affecting the financial interests of the Union.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To improve the prevention and investigation of fraud and other illegal activities beyond current levels by enhancing transnational and multi-disciplinary cooperation;
– To increase the protection of the financial interests of the Union against fraud, facilitating the exchange of information, experiences and best practices, including staff exchanges;
– To strengthen the fight against fraud and other illegal activities providing technical and operational support to national investigation, and in particular customs and law enforcement authorities;
– To limit the currently known exposure of the financial interests of the Union to fraud, corruption and other illegal activities with a view to reducing the development of an illegal economy in key risk areas such as organised fraud, including cigarette smuggling and counterfeiting;
– To enhance the degree of development of the specific legal and judicial protection of the financial interests of the Union against fraud by promoting comparative law analysis.
Among financed actions
– The purchase and maintenance of investigation tools and methods, including specialised training needed to operate the investigation tools;
– The purchase and maintenance of devices (scanners) and animals to carry out inspections of containers, trucks, railway wagons and vehicles at the Union’s internal and external borders order to detect smuggled and counterfeited goods;
– The purchase, maintenance and interconnection of systems for the recognition of vehicle number plates (Automated Number Plate Recognition Systems — ANPRS) or container codes;
– The purchase of services to support Member States’ capacity to store and destroy seized cigarettes and tobacco.