Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Education - Training, Employment, Environment, Health, Industry, Innovation, New technologies, Research, SME Policy
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Comission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to invite applicants to submit their proposals with a view to selecting and designating a Knowledge and Innovation Community (KIC) in each of the following thematic areas: 1) Food4Future – Sustainable Supply Chain from Resources to Consumers; and 2) Added-value Manufacturing.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To ensure a more efficient and effective food supply chain system, while improving the sustainability and traceability in all parts of this chain
– To increase competitiveness of Europe within the global market and to develop more sustainable and environment- friendly manufacturing processes
1) Food4Future – Sustainable Supply Chain from Resources to Consumers:
– To ensure a resilient and sustainable food system while meeting the increasing food demand
– To mobilise investment and long-term commitment from the business sector for the deployment of new and innovative technologies, processes and knowledge
– To address the current shortage of skills and human resources in the European food and beverage manufacturing industries
– To overcome the high level of fragmentation of the whole food supply chain
2) Added-value Manufacturing
– To contribute to the delivery of the Europe 2020 agenda of smart and sustainable growth
– To address the urgent need for qualified people in the manufacturing sector
– To capitalise on the Union’s strong research base and find new innovative approaches to ensure a more competitive, sustainable and resource-efficient manufacturing sector
Among financed actions
– Entrepreneurial education
– Training programmes
– Research and Innovation projects
– Support to start-ups and ventures