Sectors: Any fields, Research
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
European Union and Associated countries: 28 EU Member States + 12 associated countries (click here)
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to provide attractive, long-term funding to support excellent investigators and their research teams to pursue groundbreaking, high-gain/ high-risk research.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To allow exceptional established research leaders of any nationality and any age to pursue ground-breaking, high-risk projects that open new directions in their respective research fields or other domains
– Researchers who have already established themselves as independent research leaders in their own right
– Must be scientifically independent and have a recent research track-record and profile which identifies them as leaders in their respective field(s) of research
– Active researchers who have a track-record of significant research achievements in the last 10 years
– Exceptional leaders in terms of originality and significance of their research contributions
Among financed activities
– Research field: any field of science, engineering and scholarship
– Projects should aim high, both with regards to the ambition of the envisaged scientific achievements as well as to the creativity and originality of proposed approaches
– Pioneering and far-reaching challenges at the frontiers of the field(s) addressed
– Involve new, ground-breaking or unconventional methodologies, whose risky outlook is justified by the possibility of a major breakthrough with an impact beyond a specific research domain/discipline.