Sectors: Environment, Gender equality, Innovation, New technologies, Research, SME Policy
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Corporations, Research centres, SMEs
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* EU members states;
* Horizon 2020 associated countries
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Horizon 2020 – EU Prize for women innovators – 2020
Funds for: recognising the role of women in bringing about game-changing innovations to market and honouring the outstanding achievements of women running innovative companies
Priorities and funded actions:
* Awarding women who have created the largest impact on the innovation ecosystem by transforming ideas into new and advanced products and/or services for the benefit and wealth of the European citizens;
* Boosting public awareness of the potential, importance and contribution of women to the innovation ecosystem;
* Creating strong role models inspiring other women to become innovators themselves
* Breakthrough Innovation: the company founded or co-founded by the contestant provides a truly innovative product or service;
* Impact: the product or service addresses a specific societal need or challenge, with significant benefits to citizens and to the economy;
* Inspiration: the contestant has shown active leadership, she has played a pivotal role in the success of the company and inspired others
* Awarding up to four women innovators in total;
* Including one young woman innovator, so-called ‘rising innovator’
– Be a woman;
– For the Rising Innovator Award, the contestant must be a woman on or after 1 January 1985;
– Be an ordinary resident in an EU Member State or a country associated to Horizon 2020;
– Be the founder or co-founder of an existing and active innovative company registered before 1 January 2018