Sectors: Energy, Innovation, New technologies, Research
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, International Organisation, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries, Switzerland
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to involve Members States’ national research programmes while also taking into account the priorities of the strategic research and innovation agenda of SNETP and NUGENIA.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support the continuous improvement of nuclear safety of the existing reactor fleet
– To optimise the safety characteristics in the design of future reactors
– To increase the knowledge basis on reactor life-time management issues relevant to safety
– To increase the knowledge basis on reactor life-time management issues promoting safety culture and providing guidance for severe accident management
– This action contributes to the security of supply of nuclear fuel for VVER reactors operating in the EU by supporting the diversification of fuel sources in the short / medium term in full compliance with nuclear safety standards
Among finances actions
* Research and innovation actions
– Establishing all necessary safety analyses, tests and procedures in view of the further licensing of VVER fuel manufactured by Western suppliers
– Assessment of accident safety cases