Sectors: Industry, Innovation, New technologies, Research
Beneficiaries: Investment Funds, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Switzerland
Category: Call for Proposals
Additional info regions:
Horizon 2020 associated countries: Iceland, Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Israel, Moldova, Switzerland, Faroe Islands, Ukraine, Tunisia, Georgia, Armenia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Horizon 2020 – FET – Application of visual scene understanding models to robotics use-cases of industrial relevance – 2020
Funds for: applying techniques in visual scene understanding to robotics applications of industrial relevance
Priorities and funded actions:
* Extending functions supported by the developed cognitive architecture to directly address behaviour of the robotic system;
* Transcending limitations by embracing a holistic approach to the problem, considering not exclusively vision, but a range of relevant perceptual modalities to achieve robust scene understanding, and tightly connecting the information gathered to the robotic system’s behaviour;
* Development of advanced aspects of cognitive architectures, which support the segmentation of visual objects and estimation of their (relative) spatial location within a scene
* To collaborate with other participants in WP3 towards the co-design of solutions for the considered problem;
* To address concrete robotic problems, necessarily involving visual scene understanding;
* Demonstrate real-world performance of the integrated solution, and illustrate merit of the visual scene understanding models developed within the HBP;
* Equal opportunities of applicants
* Gender equality
* Ethical activities
Among financed actions
* Applications in robotics, for instance in safety-critical situations involving direct physical interactions between human agent and robotic system;
* Any activity aiming to integrate data and knowledge about the brain across all levels of its spatial and temporal organisation;
* Detailed digital representations, reconstructions, and simulations aiming to make available ICT tools to thousands of researchers to advance and accelerate our understanding of the functioning of the healthy and diseased human brain
* This call for proposal is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: 30 months from 01.10.2020 to 31.03.2023
– Be a group of partners or a consortium, including Human brain project partners and non-partners
– Be established in EU Member States or Horizon 2020 associated countries
– Actions must take place in the European Union or Horizon 2020 associated countries