Sectors: Innovation, New technologies, Research
Beneficiaries: Research centres, SMEs
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Switzerland
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Horizon 2020 associated countries: Iceland, Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Israel, Moldova, Switzerland, Faroe Islands, Ukraine, Tunisia, Georgia, Armenia.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
H2020 – Brain Atlas and Simulation Engine Adapter Construction – 2019
Funds for: attracting experts in computational services related to the informatics integration of Brain Atlas and The Virtual Brain (TVB) simulation engine
Priorities and funded actions:
* To contribute to the development of the research Infrastructure (EBRAINS) and increase the scope of its application in terms of innovation, neuroscience and clinical research;
* To increase the capacity of the research community to model human brain activity at an unprecedented level of sophistication leading to the generation of new neuroscientific insights and relevance for social sciences and humanities;
* To perform co-simulations by integrating NEST;
* To operate within the context of and with the European Brain ReseArch INfrastructureS (EBRAINS) platform
* To build a theoretically-grounded computational framework fully embedded in EBRAINS;
* To enable the self-consistent organisation of multiscale neuroscience data and models in a common reference space, linking data to model parameters, and establishing workflows to simulate and validate multiscale neural activity of human brain networks;
* To address the major impediments to human neuroscience progress through modelling including variation in data quality and availability, lack of computational resources, and the difficult translation between mathematical models, theory, and data;
* To create software adaptors for efficient interprocess communication between simulation engines and parallel I/O of heterogenous neuroscientific datasets on HPC systems;
Among financed actions
* A software library that provides adaptors for communication between TVB and NEST, at configuration as well as model validation time;
* Efficient and well-managed data transport scheme between the EBRAINS atlas webservices and the simulation workflows;
* An incremental development strategy, producing early prototypes for viability studies;
* Specifications for data models with neuroscientists in WP1 as well as developers of the EBRAINS atlas services
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: up to 30 months (01.10.2020 – 31.03.2023) depending on the date of inclusion of the new partner in the Consortium
– Be a group of partners or a consortium, including Human brain project partners and non-partners
– Be established in the EU Member States or Horizon 2020 associated countries