Sectors: Energy, Innovation, New technologies, Research, Telecommunications
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Non-profit organisations, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU Member State and countries associated with Horizon 2020
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The Horizon Prize for collaborative spectrum sharing is a €500 000 challenge prize. It will be awarded to an innovative and disruptive approach which will enable a significant increase in spectrum sharing and re-use.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To tackle the expected capacity crunch of wireless networks faced with booming traffic and usages
– To provide innovative yet implementable solutions enabling a significant efficiency improvement
– To reward excellence in demonstrating one or several innovative methods focusing on the provision of empowerment of local user communities
– To address the lack of demonstrated system capabilities of disruptive spectrum access and sharing methods
– To foster experimental R&D and early proof-of-concept development to encourage innovation, business, and regulation in the domain of collaborative sharing of spectrum
– To contribute to the development of low cost, energy efficient systems solutions that will increase the efficient use of spectrum resources for enabling new services and driving the development of wireless systems
– To help overcoming the heterogeneous nature of spectrum access implementation in Europe