Sectors: Education - Training, Energy, Health, Industry, Innovation, Research, SME Policy
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Investment Funds, Local and Regional authorities, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Worldwide : A KIC may include partners from third countires, subject to the approval of the EIT Governing Board
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Institute of Innovation and Technology
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The call aims at selecting and incepting two addtional Knowledge and Innvation Communities (KICs) in line with the newly selectd thematics of the EIT (Innovation for healthy living and active ageing; Raw materials: sustainable exploration, extraction, processing, recycling and substitution). KICs consist in public-private partnerships and are co-financed by the EIT under the Horizon 2020 programme.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Foster the establishment of financially autonomous public-private partnerships beween research organisations, high-ranking education centers, business and all stakeholders involved in innovation. The knowledge triangle thus created shall become global hubs for innovation with a focus on the market
– Foster innovation and bridge the gap between research and the market
The call is divided in two different thematic areas
– Thematic area 1: Innovation for healthy living and active ageing: reinforce the sustainability of health and social care system, create new concepts improving lifestyle management and nutrition, develop new technological application for the health and care sector, overcome fragmentation in health and care research through transdisciplinary activities
– thematic area 2: Raw materials: sustainable exploration, extraction, processing, recycling and substitution: foster cross-cutting researches on access to raw materials, resources governance and recycling; develop complementary technologies on access to resources and raw materials management, foster the use of economically attractive and sustainable alternative materials
– Ensure KICs will capitalize upon existing initiatives through cross-fertilization
– Make research and top-class high-education more responsive to business needs
– Trigger a change towards a more entrepreneurial mindset
– Pioneer new ways of learning based on open-learning environnements and seamless interaction between students, professionals and professors
– Foster physical co-location between the three poles of the knowledge triangle (research, education, business)
Among financed actions
– Activities aiming at integrating the knowledge triange of research, education and business
– Work associated with the establishment, administration and coordination of the activities of the KIC