Sectors: Co-op & Development, Industry, Innovation, New technologies, Research, SME Policy
Beneficiaries: Corporations, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Candidate countries, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims at the implementation of EU-Brazil cooperation in the area of future networks and e-infrastructures. It sets the basis for further progress in three distinctive themes, with the objective of developing common positions, standards and interoperable systems for cloud computing, HPC and experimentation facilities for internet technologies.
Priorities and funded actions:
The Call is divided in 3 TOPICS
* TOPIC 1 : Cloud Computing, including security aspects
– To provide effective utilization and optimization of heterogeneous resources in big data scenarios, in particular addressing privacy, security and other Quality-of-Service issues
Among financed actions 1.5 million /project
– To facilitate the development of cloud enabled applications through robust standardized global technologies.
– Development of technologies integrating cloud and big data in terms of architecture, middleware and services.
– Joint contributions to International Standardization and/or Forum activities.
* TOPIC 2 : High Performance Computing (HPC) – 2 millions
– To develop application work of HPC on societal challenges and in areas such as transport, energy, environment, climate, health and bio-sciences, prediction and simulation of natural disasters, disaster prevention and crisis management, urban development etc.
Among financed actions
– To improved co-operation of EU-Brazil academia on advanced computing for HPC application development.
– Development of tools for sharing of information and expertise
– Actions which aim to enhance co-operation of industries
* TOPIC 3 : Experimental Platforms 1.5 million s
– To promote the federation of experimental resources irrespective of their localization in Brazil and in Europe
Among financed actions
– To build tools and platforms in support of end-to-end experimentation
– To give open access to, shared experimental resources that complement