Sectors: Economy - Finances, Energy, Environment, Industry, Innovation, New technologies, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to implement New technologies for utilization of heat recovery in large industrial systems, considering the whole energy cycle from heat production to transformation, delivery and end use.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Design development and demonstration of economically viable solutions and technologies allowing recovering 15% of process heat and/or saving at least 15% of the plant energy use, compared to current practices.
– Adaptable technical, organisational and operational modules and producers to internal and external heat recovery
– Integration of these new technologiues in the current industrial landscape ultimately leading to turn-key solutions with a pay-back time appropriate for industrial applications.
* Among financed actions
– Technical, organisational and operational solutions of heat recovery for process internal use, plant internal use and plant external use, including adaptable solutions for process interface
– Integration and optimization of the heat chain, including fuel substitution and efficient use of heat recovered from material flows originating in industrial processes (e.g. waste streams, by-products, intermediates);
– Evaluating waste heat recovery potentials internally and externally; planning, modelling, maximising and implementing heat recovery options in the plant energy balance and locally;
– Advanced control and operation techniques, automation and safety measures and protocols
– Adaptable heat recovery modules for heat recovery in various process and from various sources, heat usage equipment, site and process design, operation organisations
– Advanced co-generation and trigeneration, energy cascading
– Evaluation adaptable and replicable solutions for problems not – that impede technological heat recovery