Sectors: Energy, Industry, Innovation, New technologies, Research
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, Local and Regional authorities, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
QuantERA is a consortium of national/regional research funding organisations supporting research in Quantum Information and Communication Sciences and Technologies (Q-ICST). QuantERA is itself supported by the European Union’s Future and Emerging Technologies scheme (FET).
Priorities and funded actions:
– To develop a deeper fundamental and practical understanding of systems and protocols for manipulating and exploiting quantum information;
– To enhance the robustness and scalability of quantum information technologies in the presence of environmental decoherence, hence facilitating their real-world deployment;
– To develop reliable technologies for the different components of quantum architectures;
– To identify new opportunities and applications fostered through quantum technologies, and the possible ways to transfer these technologies from laboratories to industries;
– To enhance interdisciplinarity in crossing traditional boundaries between disciplines in order to enlarge the community involved in tackling these new challenges.